Friday 3 May 2013

Article Subject

In my essay I have discussed how subcultures use fashion to object the control of society. I comment upon the relationship between fashion and control and how subcultures use clothing to visually address and deviate from control. I also look at how mainstream fashion is influenced by subcultural style, questioning authenticity and address how counterculture is used as a selling mechanism.

To connect my article to my essay, I intent to write how a specific piece of clothing has been used by subcultures to signify their deviant behaviour and how it has influenced mainstream fashion. I have decided to concentrate on the Dr. Martens boot as it has been extremely influential to both subcultural style and mainstream fashion. Also, the brand is still continuing on until today, offering me the chance to collect up to date research and ensuring that I will write an accurate article.




No comments:

Post a Comment